From the site Oregon Cycling Action
HOOD RIVER – Juwi Solar's 18-year-old Jeff Perrin took the win in an exciting finish during Saturday evening's stage 3 downtown Hood River criterium at the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic, while Canadian Jennifer Lehmann (Trek/Red Truck) won a bunch sprint to seal the women's stage victory.
Racing for 75 minutes over the 1 km technical course with a downhill corkscrew turn, the men's race suffered a large crash about halfway through the race that caused a restart, but the stage did little to change the overall classification.
A late-race breakaway provided plenty of excitement as three riders dangled just off the front of the field with less than 10 laps to go. Perrin joined Cal Giant Berry/Specialized's Nate Wilson and Hagens Berman's Jeff Wingfield in a move that gained just enough traction to keep the field at bay.
The trio had a slim margin of 10 seconds with three to go and started the last lap with just a seven-second sliver of a gap. By the time the breakaway reached the finish line it was indistinguishable from the field but still in front. Perrin came through the last corner second wheel but was able to jump ahead of Wilson for the win. Wingfield held on for third. Overall race leader Nate English finished safely in the bunch and will start Sunday's finale stage in yellow.
STAGE 3 RESULTS
1. Jeff Perin (Juwi Solar) 1:02:04
2. Nate Wilson (Cal Giant Berry/Specialized) s.t.
3. Chris Wingfield (Hagens Berman) s.t.
4. Sam Bassetti (Cal Giant Berry/Specialized) s.t
5. Stephen Leece (Cal Giant Berry/Specialized) s.t.
6. Ricky Escuela (Full Circle Cycling) s.t.
7. Michael Larson (Full Circle Cycling) s.t.
8. Griffin Easter (Ritte U23 Development Team) s.t.
9. Andy Goessling (Team Mike's Bikes) s.t.
10. Robin Eckmann (Cal Giant Berry/Specialized) s.t.