Who We Are
We are a bunch of coders spread across a number of cross-functional Agile teams building cool stuff!
Software engineers, QA testers, designers, and managers all share a large common space and share a common vision of clean, pragmatic code with a clear goal to help athletes train better! Most of us are competitive athletes of some kind who are passionate about their training and training tools, make heavy use of the TrainingPeaks applications, and bring that experience into their job. Weekly group rides or powerlifting sessions in our Pain Cave (tm) are a common way to release stress and refresh our creativity.
We have a large amount of legacy code and technical debt which we all dislike yet we are dealing with: refactoring and unit testing are daily practices and each one of us is passionate about fixing broken windows as they're found. New features are often pair-programmed and almost always include full automated test coverage. At the same time, our manager and leaders constantly strive to balance technical debt with the pragmatism of an agile process. We started down the Scrum path earlier this year, and some of our teams have slowly evolved towards Kanban and pull-based Lean methods. Teams love the level of communication of daily standups and weekly process reviews, and each developer is deeply motivated to constantly improve their daily workflow.
Who You Are
Are you extremely passionate about clean code, refactoring, and agile processes? Do you love working both in the backend creating new .NET Web API endpoints or refactoring older C# technical debt and in the front end creating Backbone.js Views and Models with matching Jasmine unit tests? Then you should seriously consider applying...
An inclusive, but not exclusive set of skills you should have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent Sciences/Math/Engineering degree, OR equivalent experience.
Advanced C#/.NET and web experience.
- Strong passion for problem solving and for constantly evolving technologies and software development methods. We want you to become part of our Culture of Knowledge!
The approximate duties of this position include:
- Create new .NET Web API endpoints by using, refactoring, and improving our common, legacy C# business layer.
- Help maintain and improve our TeamCity continuous integration process.
- Regularly learn new technologies, libraries, skills that might apply to our environments, and mentor junior developers on existing and new methodologies.
- Understand our software process and continously strive to improve it by actively participating in daily stand ups and weekly retros/process reviews.