At 303cycling.com we know that the best type of community is built on two wheels--unless you are counting community gardens. Because those are pretty great too. Imagine if you could combine a community garden WITH bikes. Perfection. But, I digress. Here's our list for the weekend. We have to admit that it's a pretty great, but then of course, we do live in Colorado. Easy win.
- Saturday, March 29th, 12 p.m. is the CycloHunter Scavenger Race. It is just what it sounds like. A good old fashioned Scavenger Hunt Race...by bike. Teams of one, two and three welcome.
Manifests will be handed out when the race starts. Prize pool starts at $400.
- Saturday evening, March 29th The 5th Annual Yeti Beti/COMBA Fundraiser. It's our Annual Spring Kickoff party! If you have attended in the past, you know the drill. If this is your first time, then buckle up and HANG ON! You won't want to miss a great evening with all of your spandex loving friends. $25 Tickets are available online at http://yetibeti.com/events.html or at the door for $30. For more info, check out the full article on 303.
- Saturday, March 29th: Colorado State University Circuit Road Race Located at the Agricultural Research, Development & Education Center, 4616 Northeast Frontage Road, Fort Collins, CO. Time to get your road racing legs.
- Sunday, March30th: The CSU Criterium. Located at CSU Oval Drive - Fort Collins, CO.
Group Rides (a mix of fun AND suffering)
Looking for a group ride? We hear this over and over again! Here's a few to hook you up. All are open to the public and have a mix of team members and individuals. Check with the shop if weather is questionable. Rides require a road bike but vary in speed/required skill.
- Saturdays (North Boulder) Boulder Cycle Sport North Ride.
Ride leaves at 10 a.m. from BCS North. The pace (pretty fast) and route is determined by the group of the day. Solid handling skills and knowledge of the area required.
- Saturdays (Cherry Creek) Adventure Cycling Group Ride. The shop opens at 9:30 a.m. for bagels and coffee and maintenance needs. This no-drop ride leaves at 10 a.m. Avg distance is 24-28 miles with several points of regrouping along the way. For any questions, please call Erik at 303-699-2514.
- Sundays (Golden) Peak Cycles Group Ride.This ride is fast paced, but fun (avgs 20 mph...climbing). It's led by "Big George" Mullen, master fitter at Peak. The group splits several times so may get dropped, but you probably won't be alone. Women are welcome (and they attend)! For questions, give the shop a call at (303) 216-1616.
- Sundays (Highlands Ranch) BikeSource Group Ride. The ride rolls out from the BikeSource parking lot (C-470 and University) at 9 a.m. This is a no drop ride usually averaging 30-40 miles. Thanks to "Commuter Kyle" for sharing!
- Racer X is teaming up with Wish for Wheels in a very cool way. You, too can get involved and make a difference in the lives of kids through cycling, charity giving, and social activities. Click here for more info.
- Saturdays,The Kick Stand (Castle Rock) has it's weekly volunteer wrenching. From 9 a.m.-1 p.m. you can wrench at 1/9 work stations with everything you need to make someone happy on the bike.
- Saturdays, Volunteer Shop Day at Lucky Bikes Re-cyclery, (which is the community bike shop for Trips for Kids). They are looking for volunteers to invest a few hours working on bikes or other shop projects anytime during regular shop hours, 10 am to 5:30 pm. Contact Tania Satchwell, Program Mgr, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-454-9722 for details and to talk timing.
*Do you have an event you'd like posted on this? 1. Get it on our calendar. 2. Email Katie@303cycling.com the event by Thursday nights. 3. We will hook you up.