- Fri: Ride your bike fast, drink a beer. Smile at another cyclist. Wave. Enjoy.
- Fri/Sat/Sun: Winter Park Free-Ride Festival. Amazing athletes like Heather Irmiger and co. are in full-force for Colorado Freeride Festival! Tons of fun and festivities to keep the whole family entertained.
- Sat. July 26th: SOS River Ride. One of my favorite rides of all time. Beautiful scenery, a buttery smooth dirt section and a fantastic cause--getting underprivileged kids OUT DOORS. Plus, Larry Grossman is announcing and there's an after-party!!
- Sat, July 26th: WholeHearted Bike Tour. Join WholeHearted Health on Saturday, July 26, 2014 for a bike ride to support the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women initiative. The ride will start and finish at Kupfner Field Park located on Sycamore St in Superior, and offers three distance options (35, 55, and 90 miles).
- Sun. July 27th: Golden Bike Shop Demo Day, Buff Creek. A totally rad dirt demo out at Buffalo Creek from 10am to 3 pm with Pivot, Niner and Spot! Pre-registration is highly recommended. There will even be BBQ courtesy of Smokey J's BBQ truck commonly found on South Golden Road!
- Sun. July 27th: Durango 100. Hosted and organized by the Colavita Southwest Cycling Team, The Durango Century is a loop ride from Durango, Colorado to Farmington, New Mexico and back. Riders can chose between 50, 84 and 100 mile rides, which are on a mix of small country roads and county highways with short, gradual hills in one of the most majestic areas of the Southwest.
- Fri night: Friday Night Colorado State Championships. Round and round you go, Trackies.
- Sat. Jul 27th: Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb. The Mt. Evans Hill climb is an iconic bicycle race that takes place on Mount Evans, Colorado. It was run
for the first time in 1962. It was renamed in 1981 in honor of five-time race winner Bob Cook, who
died of cancer at the age of 23. The climb is 27.4 miles in length and takes place on the highest paved road in the
United States. It's a 7,000' of climb from an elevation of 7,500' all the way up to 14,100.' Yowza.
- Sat. Jul 26th: Cripple Creek Crippler. Better get out your granny gear! This one's gonna hurt! Long, steep climbs of 8-12% will be the norm for the day.
- Sat. July 26th: Laramie Enduro. Registration is full, but if you got in, lucky you! Situated in the Laramie Range of Southeastern Wyoming, this course covers some of the best mountain bike trails in the region. The course is a fast and extremely fun loop, covering no ground twice. It includes virtually every kind of trail and surface a mountain biker is likely to encounter in the Rockies, from wildlife trails to single track to dirt roads. It is equally well suited for geared bikes and single speeds.
- Sun. July 27th: Colorado State Track Championships. Summit Cycling Productions will be putting this velodrome festival with Chief Ref: Marco Vasquez.
Group Rides (a mix of fun AND suffering)
The following rides are open to the public and have a mix of team members and individuals. Check with the shop if you have any questions or weather is questionable. Rides require a road bike but vary in speed/required skill.
- Saturdays (North Boulder): Boulder Cycle Sport North. Ride leaves at 10 a.m.
- Saturdays (Boulder): Boulder Cycling Club. Ride rolls out at 9 a.m. Oscar Blues beer post.
- Saturdays (Cherry Creek): Adventure Cycling. This no-drop ride leaves at 10 a.m.
- Sat/Sun: Team Evergreen-mtb and road.
- Sundays (Golden) Peak Cycles. This fast-paced ride leaves at 10 a.m.
- Sundays (Highlands Ranch) BikeSource Group Ride. The ride rolls out 9 a.m.