There is so much fun going on this week among the Colorado cycling scene that we can hardly stand it. Get out there and enjoy!
- Saturday, April 5th, 10 a.m. is Adventure Cycling's 30th Anniversary! A bike shop that has been open for 30 years!! Pretty amazing. And when you meet the staff and people there, you'll see why they've made it. This from Erik: "The ride is on for the morning everyone!! See you guys here for the ride starting at 10am. Come early for bagels and coffee and just to air up the tires. After the ride, cake and beverages (both adult and children style). **PLUS **purchase any bike on Saturday and get 30% off of any accessories!!! It's our year of 30, come get your ride on!!!!" CONGRATS, Adventure Cycling!!
- Saturday, April 5th 11 a.m.-??? Big Mountain Enduro Series Pre-Season Party. Oscar Blues (Lyons) is hosting this awesome event. Come ride bikes, drink beer and give back to the Boulder Mtb Alliance.
- Sunday, April 6th .Golden Bike Shop Yeti Demo Day. Meet at Golden Bike Shop at 9 a.m. and prepare to have your socks knocked off at Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Call ahead to reserve your bike!
- Saturday, April 5th: The Louisville Crit WOL is offering it's annual silver course with the Centennial Loop. This is a .7 mi loop encompassing Centennial Pkwy, West Century Dr. & Century Pl. It's got a fast downhill turn & gradual leg burning power climb to a sprint finish. I'm not joking. "Leg burning" is being kind. AND they are offering a women's Cat 4 mentoring clinic pre-race plus neutral mentoring laps. BONUS!
Photo Credit: Sportif Images
- Saturday, April 5th: The AntiEpic 50 and the AntiEpic 160 Are you missing cx? Like to mix it up on courses like the upcoming Koppenberg? Test your mettle and YOUR DIRECTIONAL SENSE with Ben Welnak's events tomorrow down in Monument. I did one last Fall and I've never been the same.
- Saturday, April 5th: The Front Range Cycling Classic Hospital Criterium. Don't let the name fool you, Southies. The course is 0.8-mile, with 13 corners, and mostly flat. Mmmmmm. Flat crits.
- Sunday, April 6th: The Front Range Cycling Classic Falcon Road Race. This will be tricky-fun. It's a 13.6 mi, hilly loop. Hill climbin' roadies: this is for you.
Group Rides (a mix of fun AND suffering)
Looking for a group ride? We hear this over and over again! Here's a few to hook you up. All are open to the public and have a mix of team members and individuals. Check with the shop if weather is questionable. Rides require a road bike but vary in speed/required skill.
- Saturdays (North Boulder) Boulder Cycle Sport North Ride.
Ride leaves at 10 a.m. from BCS North. The pace (pretty fast) and route is determined by the group of the day. Solid handling skills and knowledge of the area required.
- Saturdays (Cherry Creek) Adventure Cycling Group Ride. The shop opens at 9:30 a.m. for bagels and coffee and maintenance needs. This no-drop ride leaves at 10 a.m. Avg distance is 24-28 miles with several points of regrouping along the way. For any questions, please call Erik at 303-699-2514.
- Sunday, April 6th: Team Evergreen Group Ride. Little Cub Creek-Parmalee Gulch Loop. Meet at Evergreen Lake House for 10:30am departure. Check the Team Evergreen Calendar for weekly rides!
- Sundays (Golden) Peak Cycles Group Ride.This ride is fast paced, but fun (avgs 20 mph...climbing). It's led by "Big George" Mullen, master fitter at Peak. The group splits several times so may get dropped, but you probably won't be alone. Women are welcome (and they attend)! For questions, give the shop a call at (303) 216-1616.
- Sundays (Highlands Ranch) BikeSource Group Ride. The ride rolls out from the BikeSource parking lot (C-470 and University) at 9 a.m. This is a no drop ride usually averaging 30-40 miles. Thanks to "Commuter Kyle" for sharing!
- Saturday: The Bike Depot is a nonprofit community bike shop that supports Denver communities with a wide range of bicycling programs, services and products. This Saturday they offer a ton of fun from a bike rodeo at 10 am and the day ends with the "Earn a bike" program at 3-6. Check out their calendar and sign up to volunteer today!
- Saturday,The Kick Stand (Castle Rock) has it's weekly volunteer wrenching. From 9 a.m.-1 p.m. you can wrench at 1/9 work stations with everything you need to make someone happy on the bike.
- Saturday, is Volunteer Shop Day at Lucky Bikes Re-cyclery.They are looking for volunteers to invest a few hours working on bikes or other shop projects anytime during regular shop hours, 10 am to 5:30 pm. Contact Tania Satchwell, Program Mgr, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-454-9722 for details.
*Do you have an event you'd like posted on this? 1. Get it on our calendar. 2. Email Katie@303cycling.com the event by Thursday nights. 3. We will hook you up. 4. Thank you to Galen Stilgebauer for the great pic on the homepage. Follow Galen on Instagram: @Galen1973 for more.