BOULDER, Colo. – Registration for Boulder’s sixth annual Winter Bike to Work and School Day, being held on Wednesday, Jan. 22, is now open at www.GOBoulder.net. Ten businesses will offer cyclists free breakfast or hot drinks between 7 and 9 a.m. Riders are eligible for prizes, including lift tickets to Eldora Mountain Resort, workshop classes at Community Cycles, bike lights and saddle bags from Green Guru.
Breakfast stations will be located at:
- Alfalfa’s – 1651 Broadway
- Community Cycles – 2805 Wilderness Place, Suite 1000
- CU Bike Program – next to the Folsom Bike Station
- Dushanbe Teahouse – 1770 13th St.
- Moe’s Broadway Bagel – 3267 28th St.
- Moe’s Broadway Bagel – 3075 Arapahoe Ave.
- Moe’s Broadway Bagel – 2650 Broadway
- Page Two - 6565 Gunpark Dr. in Gunbarrel
- Pedal to Properties – 2014 Pearl St.
- Rally Sport Health and Fitness– 2727 29th St.
Thanks to a concerted effort by the City of Boulder, Boulder County Transportation Department and the University of Colorado to keep bikeways and facilities maintained, Boulder cyclists are able to ride the majority of the year.
By registering to ride, registrants can earn prizes and help the city track the impact riders can make in a day in the amount of vehicle emissions prevented. Last year, approximately 1,700 riders signed up, a number the city hopes to break this year.
If it snows, City of Boulder snow removal crews will begin plowing the major multi-use paths at the same time as other crews begin plowing the major streets.
Winter Bike to Work Day is presented by the City of Boulder, University of Colorado at Boulder (CU) Environmental Center, Boulder County Transportation Department and Community Cycles.
For more information, contact Sue Prant sue AT communitycycles DOT org