The ideal intern candidate would have experience in journalism and communications, as well as a firm cycling background. The intern role can provide the platform for someone with this background to gain experience in an Olympic organization as well as increased exposure to sports journalism and the cycling industry.
Must receive school or class credit for this position.
Hours variable, approximately 20 hours a month. Candidate does not need to be based out of Colorado Springs.
The role would include the following:
- Completing one to two articles a month for use in the collegiate newsletter and social media outlets, with the chance for articles to be used in overall membership communications
- Conducting interviews with those involved in collegiate cycling, often remotely
- Generating ideas for stories
- Sourcing images to accompany written pieces when feasible
Desired knowledge and experience:
- Pursuing a degree in journalism, communication, English or related area
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
Please send curriculum vitae and writing sample to: Debbie Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org