Job Purpose Supports the organization's strategies and goals, relative to external communications by designing and populating web pages using a variety of graphics, software applications, tools, and techniques such as interface features, site animation, special-effects elements and general design. Using HTML and CSS, creates and develops visually aesthetic graphics. Adds links, ensuring theme and consistency. Requires a mastery of web-based technologies and thorough knowledge of HTML, CSS, PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, and / or other design-related applications. Duties include design, production, and maintaining consistent structure and brand on the web, and print-related material such as name tags, magazine ads, event signage, etc.
- Provides content management, information posting in various forms, creating and manipulating graphics and general content.
- Modifies website graphics and content according to management requests from both IT and other departments.
- Modifying is defined as anything from small changes like adding links and changing logos to content layout.
- Designs and creates pages (using existing CMS), newsletters and templates.
- Maintain website by fixing links, replacing or removing outdated content, and reorganizing both graphically and structurally.
- Creates and maintains navigation. This includes adding, removing, reorganizing, and making aesthetic changes.
- Works with IT to streamline user experience, button design, and incorporation of new technologies such as mobile, video, and other interactive mediums.
- Provides miscellaneous design services, photo editing, graphic design, photo/video slideshows, and miscellaneous other graphic design used in flyers, certificates, banners, cards, advertisements and signage.
- Identify unknown file types and convert to useful formats for event listings on website
- Answers calls and emails from members regarding website-related changes and questions. Redirects inquiries to other departments as necessary.Assists USA Cycling staff with troubleshooting HTML issues that arise.
- Assists USA Cycling staff with troubleshooting HTML issues that arise.
- Maintains USA Cycling Lightroom catalog and uploads photos as received.
- Creates logos as needed and manages USA Cycling logo repository.
- Other Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Solid ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Solid ability to respond promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve customer service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Solid ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or methods to best fit the situation; ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Demonstrates an understanding of picture and graphic formats as well as video editing and related concepts.
- Solid ability to prioritize, balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Strong ability to work in team-centered environment.
Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field; or, equivalent combination of education and experience. Level of experience is highly considered.
Generally, 3 - 4 years experience in web and graphic design and managing web services, plus 1 - 2 years of graphic design experience. Experience with print houses a plus.
General office equipment, such as computer, cameras, scanner, fax, and telephone.
Microsoft Office products. Java Script, JQuery, HTML and CSS. Requires understanding of Dreamweaver, Photoshop or FireWorks, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Lightroom and FTP (file transfer protocol) Client.
Works under general supervision. Has no direct reports.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Generally, works in the office; therefore, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full-time, salaried position and will be based at USA Cycling's national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, 403b plan. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and references to:
Debbie Hendrix, HR Director
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Position will remain open until filled.