The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest used source for cycling productson eBay. TPC helps retailers, athletes, companies, and outdoor enthusiasts sell their new and used overstock. TPC operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Overview of the position:
● The responsibilities of the mechanic include supplying the photography department with cleaned and prepared bikes, parts, clothing, and accessories.
● The position calls for a working knowledge of bicycle mechanics, new and vintage, and a high level of attention to detail and consistency.
● Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
● Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are expected.
● A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require both a high attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
● Cleaning and preparing bicycles, frames, and wheels for photography in a timely manner with meticulous attention to detail.
● Disassembling bicycles. This requires the mechanic to part-out various makes, models, and years of bicycles, cleaning parts to near spotless condition, creating bin cards and folders for the frames, wheels, and parts bin.
● Sorting and ‘lotting’ clothing and accessories from consignors.
● Running miscellaneous errands for the shop.
● Participate in a proactive team environment.
● Demonstrate proficiency with our computer systems and software.
● In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work.
● One to three years of professional bicycle mechanic experience.
● Bicycle mechanic certifications preferred but not required.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
● Clean driving record
● Proficient understanding of Mac computers.
● A passion for success, a positive and professional attitude, and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
● A passion for the outdoors.
The Pro’s Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. There is a 90 day training period at $12 and once completed the employee will have their initial review to reevaluate base pay.
Pay will then be based off of the employee’s productivity and accuracy. The Pro’s Closet also provides generous discounts on gear as well as the ability to sell your own product at an employee rate.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pro’s Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.