*** Position Filled ***
Bicycle Colorado is the statewide bicycling organization dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado. Established more than 20 years ago, we are considered one of the leading bike advocacy groups in the country.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Denver near bike paths and Union Station. Indoor bicycle parking is provided. We take our work seriously but have a casual and friendly work environment.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the major responsibilities for this position include:
- Drafting and development of eNews articles (semimonthly electronic newsletter)
- Distribution of eNews through Vertical Response; promote through social media
- Coordination of weekly staff blog posts, including scheduling and editing
- Manage and update website, including graphics and photos
- Oversee production of Ride Time News (semiannual hard-copy newsletter), including drafting, development and coordination of articles, editing articles, overseeing layout with an outside designer and final proofing
- Coordinate the printing and mailing of Ride Time News with outside vendors
- Development of annual report for inclusion in Ride Time News and/or as a stand-alone piece
- Lead and coordinate social media strategy and posts
- Graphic design of website elements, in-house prospect pieces, handouts, etc.
- Support and editing/proofing of grant applications as needed
- Develop PR strategies and initiate outreach as needed
- Work with Membership Manager to develop and refresh member and prospect communications to incentivize and ensure professional messaging
- Support for our two larger annual events
Additionally, the successful candidate will be asked to provide support to other departments as needed, including membership fulfillment, outreach and education with other members of the Bicycle Colorado team.
Background and Skills sought:
Extensive communications experience—drafting and editing of professional publications is a must
Attention to detail and accuracy
Advanced skills in WordPress website administration, including managing themes, plugins, menus, widgets
Social media experience—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube
Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Basic understanding of Google analytics and other metrics tracking
Communications experience tied to revenue-generating activities
Proficiency in managing editorial calendars
Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
Knowledge of bicycling and interest in Colorado bicycling issues
Compensation and Benefits:
An annual salary in the mid $30s will be awarded to the successful candidate. Full benefits package includes health, dental, vision, paid vacation, transit benefit and retirement plan match.
This is a full time position in our LoDo office. Occasional evenings or weekends needed for special events.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples and up to three references. Please also include any relevant online content and graphic design samples. Email to: email@example.com. Posting to remain open until position is hired.