Cranksgiving is a charity bike ride that began in 1999, organized by New York City bike messengers. Food is collected at grocery store “checkpoints” and then after being collected at the end of the race, will be donated to a local food bank. Cranksgiving – Boulder is an effort by Boulder Cycle Sport to give back to those in need during the holidays. Furthermore, this event is to bring community awareness to support locally and independently owned business. We do for the community what on-line stores can’t!
- Sunday, Nov. 24th, 2013
- 12:00 pm: Meet at Boulder Cycle Sport – South (629 S. Broadway, Ste. K) for your instructions.
- 12:45 pm: Your “grocery list” will be handed out.
- 1:00 pm: The race starts.
- The official race champion will be the first to cross the finish at Boulder Cycle Sport (South) with every item and proof of purchase on the “grocery list.”
- The winner will receive a brand new All City Macho Man frame in his or her size of choice!
- After Cranksgiving: BCS will host an awards ceremony complete with food and drink!
*Racing is not required, you can simply participate by riding with a group and visiting the checkpoints at your own pace. We want to make sure everyone is included, all bikes are welcomed. Please keep in mind that the cause is what’s most important. Safety is paramount. We want everyone coming back alive and well. Please obey all traffic laws and wear a helmet.
Please RSVP and invite your friends here on facebook