Purpose: Procurement and Planning of materials for production, new product development, material handling, analysis of inventory, and implementation of controls for Quarq, Spearfish facility.
Location: Spearfish, SD, USA
- Support production with purchasing and planning for materials required.
- Monitor and track stock, maintaining optimum levels to meet customer requested delivery dates. Participate in robust cycle counting practices. Analyze inventory trends to manage slow moving and obsolete parts.
- Work with Order Management & Customer Service to assign delivery dates based on an executable manufacturing plan.
- Assist the warehouse clerk(s) in the receipt, storage and distribution of materials to optimize space and support production needs.
- Work with Quarq design engineers to ensure inventory availability for all stages of product launch.
- Work with Quality Engineering to ensure quality material from suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Material Management or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 1 year of experience in Supply Chain, Production, and/or Materials Planning functions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and negotiation and skills.
- Must be self-motivated, a sense of urgency, and quickly take personal responsibility to drive improvements.
- 6-12 months experience with MRP and/or ERP required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel domestically about 10% of the time.
- Familiarity with bicycles and cycling industry preferred.