The Sales and Service Manager is a dynamic position that oversees the day-to-day logistics and quality control of Community Cycles’ community bike shop in Boulder, Colorado. S/he manages and supports volunteers, customers, clients, retail sales, bike service, and inventory.
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Staff mechanics and instructors, and retail volunteers
- Implement Community Cycles’ retail plan.
- Responsible for achieving retail sales and gross margin targets.
- Post sale bikes on craigslist
- Work with staff mechanics, instructors and members to place special orders.
- Aid in the develop and implementation of an inventory control system.
- Keep retail space stocked, organized, and clean at all times.
- Maintain and further develop showroom displays, promotions and marketing efforts
- Oversee quality control of used parts
Shop Operations and Management
- Take leadership of sales and service planning
- Train and supervise retail volunteers. Support volunteer mechanics and instructors.
- Coordinate with EAB instructors and other staff to order program supplies.
- Direct EAB instructors in the production of sale bikes
- Support the team in keeping the shop clean and safe at all times.
- Maintain operations metrics report. Prepare and submit monthly reports and problems/suggestions to the Executive Director.
Required Skills and Experience
- Retail experience with at least one year of management experience
- Minimum one year formal supervision of staff and/or volunteers
- Intermediate or better bike mechanic skills and knowledge
- Bike shop experience preferred
- Understanding of marketing and retail merchandising
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency or some knowledge of Google Apps and or Salesforce
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced supervisory and management skills
- Advanced bike mechanics skills
- Basic understanding of volunteer coordination
- Non-profit experience
- Budget tracking, cash handling and inventory control
- Proficiency in Salesforce, MerchantOS, Google Docs and MS Office
- English/Spanish bilingual
Physical Effort Required
- Regular lifting of 50+ pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
The Community Cycles Sales and Service Manager is a full time position. Compensation is $13-$15 per hour based on experience. Benefits - Eco Pass, no other benefits, at this time.
To apply for the Sales and Service Manager position, submit a résumé and cover letter to
resume AT communitycycles DOT org
No calls, please.