A leading high-end custom cycling studio seeks an experienced bike mechanic with a proven track record to assist on all aspects of bike assembly, deployment, maintenance and repair for our Boulder cycling studio. This individual will also be on the ground floor of a growing company and department to maximize service levels, operational efficiency and overall customer experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Ability to work on all levels of bikes: boxed to performance ready
• Ability to perform preventative, routine and overhaul service
• Quickly diagnose and repair equipment in a fast paced setting
• Manage databases for equipment inventory, service history and spare parts used
• Set schedules and report back to management with service updates
• Assist in design of bike shop(s) layout to maximize efficiency
• Evolve existing Standard Operating Procedures and improve as needed for repairs, and special events
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with our company's procedures and industry standards
• Work closely with studio staff to inform and train on effective bike operations
• Field and prioritize emergency requests for service and dispatch mechanics as needed
• Assist management in purchasing of tools, supplies and parts
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in professional bicycle or fitness studio repair organization. Certifications not required but preferred.
• Experience working on large teams preferred.
• Interpersonal Skills -- Maintains confidentiality, open to others ideas and willing to try new things.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills with desire to improve all aspects of shop and studio bike operations.
• Proven technical and mechanical aptitude including a passion for innovation.
• Proficient computer skills with experience in inventory and work order management.
• Has unrivaled patience and troubleshooting skills.
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excels under pressure.
• Has a positive, can-do attitude and willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Job requires travel as needed
• Job requires bending, stooping and lifting up to 40lbs.
• Embraces Company culture and understands the desired customer experience.