Starting date: Wednesday, January 2, 2011
Compensation: $40,000-$60,000 based on education, qualifications and experience; eligible for medical benefits after probation period.
Minimum Qualifications: College degree, advanced degree and/or relevant work experience
Reports to: Executive Director
Issued: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Submission deadline: Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Selection of final candidates: Thursday, December 27, 2012
Interviews of top three candidates: Thursday, Friday; January 3,4
Decision: Monday, January 7, 2012
Starting date: ASAP
Position Purpose and Objectives:
The Marketing and Sponsorship Director is ultimately responsible for all revenue generating activities. The bottom line is membership sales and cash and trade received from corporate sponsors. In the 2013, 30 stations will be added to the Denver B-cycle system located in vibrant and promising neighborhoods. In addition, we have received a grant to hire a consulting firm to create and implement a renewed marketing campaign. These developments present the new Director with tremendous opportunities.
Numerical goals for the position are driven by the annual budget and will benefit from DBS plans to expand the system by 58% in 2013.
• $600,000 in sponsorship revenue. Some of this has already been raised.
• $750,000 in membership and usage sales goals
• Increase number of rides taken in 2013 by amount equivalent to expansion: 58% = from 200,000 to 316,000
The Sponsorship and Marketing Director has primary responsibility for the following functions of Denver Bike Sharing.
• Identify potential sponsors
• Prepare documents for potential sponsors
• Schedule and attend meetings with potential sponsors
• Get the deal done (negotiating final arrangements, signed contracts, invoicing and checks in the door)
• Monitor sponsor payments and receivables
• Monitor inventory
• Monitor and manage sponsor lists
• Communicate with sponsors
• Manage sponsor presence in system
• Create, manage and implement unique sponsor activities
• Prepare and manage periodic updates and mid-year reports to all sponsors
• Proactively manage relationships with sponsors throughout year
40% Marketing - The Director will be responsible for finalizing the annual marketing plan and for its ultimate success. He/she will be supported by two staff members: Sales and Membership Manager and Community Relations Manager who will work closely together. Gray area or overlap between positions will be resolved when the marketing plan is complete, the staff is on board and unique interests and skills are known.
5% Other responsibilities
• Volunteer coordination
• Support for grant writing and reporting as requested
• Implements new ideas for fund-raising as suggested / approved.
5% Administrative (All DBS Directors share some responsibility for Admin Duties)
• Periodic minutes for staff meetings
• Board meeting preparation, minutes, follow-up
• Back up for Customer Service
Criteria for Evaluation:
Candidates will be evaluated based on their demonstrated experience and/or proficiency in the following areas.
• Project and budget management, organizational skills and detail orientation
• Excellent Communications skills – written and verbal
• Sponsorship Recruitment
• Marketing campaigns to support sales functions
• Social Marketing for Behavioral Change
• Event Management
• Team building, collaboration, and volunteer management
• Artistic and project management skills required to direct staff or interns in in the design and produce collateral marketing materials and signage.
• Demonstrated commitment to community service – either professionally or as a high level volunteer
• Experience in both for profit and non-profit environments
• Knowledge of and connections within Denver community
• Experience with managing a small team to accomplish great things
Direct any questions to email@example.com. Attached to an e-mail with the subject line “DBS Sponsorship and Marketing Director,” please submit letter of interest, resume plus list of 3 references and contact information by December 19, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org. References must include at least one person for whom you have recently directly worked.