PIKES PEAK AMERICA'S MOUNTAIN REOPENS CYCLING EVENT IS ON FOR JULY 14TH!
July 3, 2012 (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
Summit Cycling Productions and Pikes Peak - America's Mountain announced today that the 3rd annual Red Noland Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb will take place, as planned on Saturday, July 14th.
The Colorado Springs area had seen other events recently cancelled due to the Waldo Canyon Fire, but officials felt that with the recent progress announced that the ride and race would be able to be held as originally scheduled.
Officials cited the following as recent reported improvements:
- The reopening of Highway 24
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open
- The Cog railway to the summit of Pikes Peak is open
- The fire at press time is 70% contained
- Nearly all evacuees have been allowed to return to their homes
- Officials have announced July 12 as the date they believe they will have complete containment of the Fire
"The past 12 days have been incredibly difficult for everyone in this area. We are excited about the positive news regarding the containment of the fire, the reopening of major roads and landmarks and of course our friends and neighbors returning to their homes." Stated Event Director, Pat McDonough. "We are quite happy that the Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb will in a small way mark that our area is ready to welcome everyone back to the Springs."
For more information on the 2012 Red Noland Cadillac Pikes Peak or Bust Cycling Hill Climb visit http://303cycling.com/2012-Pikes-Peak-Cycling-Hill-Climb