*** Filled ***
This position is an internal position which operates out of the Corporate Offices in Colorado Springs. The National Events Manager will oversee USA Cycling National Championships as directed by the Vice President of National Events, coordinate national race calendars for and have a high understanding of all cycling disciplines as they relate to the USA Cycling National Championships. The National Events Manager will work as a team player within the National Events Department to support all of USA Cycling’s National Championship properties for all five disciplines.
National Event Responsibilities
- Assist Vice President of National Events to create and implement a bid process for selected USA Cycling’s National Championship event properties
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a bid process for selected top-tier calendars
- Create and maintain working relationships with Race Director/Organizer groups
- Work with the Communications Department on press releases, race information, etc. for the National Events Department
- Work with Membership Department to permit all National Championships as decided upon by Vice President of National Events
- Be responsible for all planning and on-site National Championships as decided upon by Vice President of National Events
- Ensure “look” and “feel” of USA Cycling National Championships (including logo and sponsorship placements)
- Assist Vice President of National Events to create contracts with LOC’s for USAC National Championships
- Conduct site visits prior to National events
- Negotiate and Manage third party vendors for National Championships (venues, announcers, fencing, timing, sound & stage, etc.)
- Coordinate medical control with local organizing committees of select events
- Create and manage medal & jersey inventory for National Events Department
- Order and manage bib numbers for select National Championship events
- Work with USA Cycling’s IT and membership departments on registration processes for select National Championships
- Work with Race Director Certification Manager to plan and coordinate Race Director Annual Summits
- Assist Vice President of National Events in maintaining National Events Department budget and create and maintain a working budget for selected National Championship events
- Oversee and keep current all National Events Department web pages on www.usacycling.org
- Communicate with a knowledgeable and professional attitude
- Answer and respond to all correspondence within a reasonable manner
- Keep current on all USAC issues, i.e., membership, events and servicing promoters via website, brochures, etc.
- Follow all USAC employee policies including but not limited to dress code, work schedule, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Strong customer service skills, organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure is a must for this position. Applicant must possess strong written, communication and computer skills. Attention to detail is a must. Person applying for this position must be able to work independently and be a contributing team member to other USAC departments. Cycling event background preferred, but event management background required. Must be able to travel frequently and work weekends. College degree preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position, starting in the mid thirties. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, and 403b plan.
Send resume to: Debbie Hendrix, HR Director
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919