Team Evergreen Cycling desires consistent, professional management by a Race Director capable of growing Team Evergreen races. This position manages one of the country’s oldest and most prestigious races—the Bob Cook Memorial Hill Climb. The race is often referred to as simply: The CLIMB. Team Evergreen Cycling has four (4) years of documented event management is available.
1. Budget development and management: meeting specific financial targets
2. Race Promotion
3. Event timeline and contingency plans
4. Permitting of events
5. Collaboration with Colorado State Patrol, Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County,
US Forest Service, Clear Creek School District, EMS, Denver Parks and
Recreation and others
6. USAC / BRAC activities
7. Sponsorship, Registration, Volunteers, Insurance, Public Relations
8. Race Results: fast and accurate
9. Scheduling/coordinating after race party
Good communication and management skills are required. Experience with competitive athletic cycling
events a plus. Ability to problem solve creatively and under pressure required.
1. Experience managing a USAC / ACA race
2. Familiar with all USAC and ACA rules
3. Familiar with application and filing of permits to various agencies
4. Experience with on-line race registration management
5. Race promotion and sponsorship experience
6. Management of a volunteer staff
7. Associates degree or equivalent of a 2-year degree
• Good listening, problem-solving, and politically savvy
• Strong written and oral communication skills; negotiation skills
• Volunteer Management
• Financial Management
• Microsoft Suite, internet and social media utilization
The Race Director reports to the Team Evergreen Executive Director and is guided by the Team Evergreen Race Management Committee.
RACE MISSION STATEMENT
Upon submittal of an application the Team Evergreen Race Management Committee would like the Race Director candidate to provide a
short Mission Statement for the Bob Cook Hill Climb.
Salary range $9 – 12k, with potential performance bonus.
Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references by 1/30/2013