Position is responsible for answering phones, monitoring email, greeting customers, and providing assistance to the Membership Department.
Duties include: performing reception work; providing basic information and service to members and visitors; preparing, sorting and distributing mail; scanning, indexing, and filing records and documents; performing basic data entry; setting up files; verification and routine analysis of data, compilation of reports; preparation of packets and drafting routine correspondence using established forms and formats.
1. Answer phones and respond to requests for information and assistance; provide information regarding applicable rules, policies, and regulations; resolve membership concerns and complaints; refer inquiries as appropriate.
2. Greet visitors, assist or direct to appropriate staff member.
3. Respond to general inquiries from the public and performs simple data gathering from members to collect and verifies required general information. Verify data, prepare appropriate documents, and/or route to staff for follow up. Track membership information as requested.
4. Manage membership, registration, and rankings email folders; respond to requests or forward as needed.
5. Manage all incoming and outgoing mail; open and distribute incoming mail to appropriate personnel; handle Membership mail as designated; prepare, add appropriate postage and send outgoing mail.
6. Responsible for member addresses, updating changes to addresses, maintaining bad address returned mail.
7. Performs spot checks of inventory for printed materials and promotional items, requests supplies as needed. Works with supervisor to ensure new inventory is ordered as necessary. Delivers supplies to appropriate personnel as needed. Receive and store office supplies upon their receipt.
8. Maintain cleanliness of reception area, conference center, and kitchen areas on a daily basis.
9. Enters USA Cycling clubs into the database, ensures club information is updated as needed.
10. Assist with Membership Services Coordinator duties and other Membership department duties as needed, and as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (AT ENTRY)
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures sufficient to be able to process various types of paper work associated with office support duties.
- Knowledge of receptionist and customer service duties
- Knowledge regarding member and club benefits and provisions
- Strong telephone skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Solid attention to details
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment
- Ability to manager and prioritize workload as needed
- Skill in utilizing computer software to accomplish a variety of assignments.
- Ability to work and communicate with customers and staff to satisfy their expectations.
- Ability to use correct English grammar to organize and communicate ideas
High School diploma or G.E.D required
Previous receptionist experience or customer service experience
General office equipment such as a computer, calculator, copier, scanner, and postage machines.
Microsoft Office products
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send resumes by October 31st to:
Debbie Hendrix, HR Director
dhendrix AT usacycling DOT org