Photo Credit: Peter Wayne Photography
It was a great day for criterium racing in Colorado. The weather pattern has finally changed and hot and dry was on tap for yesterdays racing. The 25th edition of the Longmont Criterium was huge success with decent turn outs in all fields. The course was shifted 1 block west this year the the finish was moved to a east / west street.
It was the Colorado State Championships and who better to win the Open race then Scott Moninger.
Just a friendly reminder that pre-registration for The 25th Annual Longmont Criterium is currently open and will be so until Friday. $35 pre-reg and $40 at the door!!! (registration closes 30 minutes prior to race!)
Longmont highlights: (aka the Top 10 list!)
1. STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - Senior Men & Women State Crit!!!
2. GREAT COURSE - one of the best crit courses in the State!
3. FREE BEER - Left Hand Brewing Company beer garden from Noon until 5:00 PM
4. GREAT FOOD - Southern style BBQ from Georgia Boys BBQ.
5. GREAT VENUE - Beautiful tree shaded Thompson Park!! Great for spectators and family! Great for team tents for warm up or just relaxing after the race.
6. GREAT PRIMES & PRIZES!
7. FREE MASSAGE after the race!
8. GU GEL & GU BREW provided (while supplies last)!
9. ROL WHEELS - Neutral wheel support from the good guys at ROL!
10. ...and the best for last...CHUCK BOLDEN MEMORIAL RACE - remembering our good friend Chuck B!
REMEMBER...new registration / start / finish location at Thompson Park (backside of last year's course). For directions, a video tour of the course and other information, please visit www.regonline.com/longmont or just shoot me a line.
PARKING - parking is available on Coffman Street (the old start/finish), 5th Street between Coffman and Terry. PLEASE RESPECT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS!!! DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAYS OR WARM UP ON FRONT LAWNS!!!! THOMPSON PARK IS HUGE and offers plenty of room for warm up on a trainer!
CHIPS! Be sure to have your chip or you can rent one with photo ID at the race.
Look forward to seeing all of you and your clubs in Longmont this weekend!!!
Viva Le Tour! Viva Le Longmont!