*** Update 3-21-2011 ***
The Haystack Mtn. TT has seen increased demand for the Team Time Trial this year. Several categories have already filled 1 month out from the race. Follow us on facebook or twitter for the latest information on which categories have filled.
MadSync is creating a waitlist for teams wishing to race should any cancellations occur. Email email@example.com if you would like to be included in this waitlist.
16.5-mile rolling loop north of Boulder (No warmups on the course). Racers can choose the Individual or Team Time
Trial, or both! Juniors 10-18 race free. Sorry, no racers less than 10 years. ACA Permit #: CO-1105; Chief Ref: Todd
Race Info & Rules:
• Accident waiver must be signed by all racers or by parent/guardian for anyone 10-18 years of age. Helmets are mandatory!
• ACA Timing System will be in use, rental transponders available. No transponder - no results
• Refusal or failure to do so will result in you not being listed in race results.
• ACA ITT and TTT rules apply.
• No neutral support. Have a pump and spare tube!
• Riders may not draft other riders in the ITT. No warnings, instant disqualification!
• Teams may only draft own team members in the TTT.
• Individuals & Teams must stay on the shoulder of US 36, Nelson Road and 75th St., except if passing another rider/team.
• Individuals and Teams must stay as far right as practicable on Neva & Niwot Roads.
• Individuals depart at 20-second intervals. Teams depart in 40-second intervals.
• Men’s teams may consist of up to 5 members for the TTT, with finish time determined by the third rider across the finish line for each team.
• Junior & Women’s teams may consist of up to 4 members for the TTT, with finish time determined by the second rider across the finish line for each team.
• Racers may race up categories to fill teams. Racers may not race down categories. (See ACA website for detailed BAR/BAT policy)
Parking is available at the McGuckin Distribution Center on the west side of US 36 at the intersection with
Neva Road. Please follow the parking marshals. No parking is allowed along the course. If you decide to
ride to the start, we suggest parking your car in North Boulder (approx. 3 miles).
From Denver: US 36 north through Boulder. Continue north approximately 5 miles on US 36/CO 7
towards Lyons. Parking is just south of the Neva Road intersection. Look for signs.
From Fort Collins: I-25 South. Take exit 243 for CO 66/County Road 30 west to Lyons. Left turn onto
US 36/CO 7 south towards Boulder. Follow for 7 miles-- look for signs.
From Boulder: Ride your bike!
License: An ACA license must be presented at registration, one-day licenses may be purchased for $10. An ACA programmed transponder is required for timing and results. Transponders may be purchased from the ACA or rented for $5 with a one day license. ACA license holders may rent transponders for $10.
Pre-Registration: Online registration will be at www.gsboulder.org
$25 Individual TT entry fee per rider with ACA license
$20 Team TT entry fee per rider with ACA license
Day of Registration:
Late registration fee of $5 will be assessed for day of registration. Packet pickup and registration opens at
9:00am and closes 30 min prior to each category start. Make checks payable to “GS Boulder”
The race will run regardless of weather conditions. If the referee determines that racing would be dangerous due to any condition the race may be cancelled. Cancellation notices will be posted at: www.gsboulder.org. Entry fees will only be refunded if the event does not run. No other refunds!