1) Ryan Trebon
2) Jeremy Powers
3) Chris Jones
1) Sally Annis
2) Andrea Smith
3) Susan Butler
With the move of USA Cycling’s national cyclocross from mid December to early January, some racers are worried about losing form over the holidays, when the elite U.S. cyclocross scene shuts down.
Promotors in Chicago are looking to fill that gap with The New Year’s Resolution, a two day UCI 2.0 event to be held New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL just outside Chicago
Until this year, Cyclocross during the New Year holiday has only been done in Belgium. The Chicago Cyclocross Cup New Year’s Resolution will be held at the Hilton Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL and will attract some of the fastest riders in the United States as they are in the area getting ready for the National Championships in Madison Wisconsin on January 4th-8th.
Where: Hilton Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL
When: December 31, 2011 and January 1, 2012
Directions: Hilton Indian Lakes Resort 250 West Schick Road, Bloomingdale, IL 60108 (630-529-0200) Group Discount Rate: "CYC"
• Amateur categories: Pre-registerd riders will be staged first by CrossResults.com points as of 12/29/11. Pre-registered riders without CrossResults.com points as of 12/29/11 and all Day-Of registrants will be staged next by order of registration.
• UCI categories: Pre-registered and Day-Of registrants staged by UCI points as of 12/29/11. Per UCI rules, riders without UCI points staged by drawing random lots at number pick up .
• Riders must present themselves at the staging area 10 minutes before the start of their race for staging.
• Masters, Junior & Single Speed races are Category 1 through 4.
• Women Category 2 must race UCI with a UCI license or Categorized/Masters races
• One Day licenses holders must race Category 4, Masters, Junior, or Single Speed. Please check your 2011/12 USAC license.
• Apply for upgrades at USACycling.org.
Registration for the New Year’s Resolution opens on Monday, October 31, 2011 at 10:00 ET (9:00 AM CT) on BikeReg.com