The Vail Recreation District celebrated 26 years of mountain bike racing in Vail in 2009 with over 1,521 riders competing for $5,200 in cash and $30,000 in prizes. The 2010 series will return May 26 and offer mountain bikers of all ages and experience levels fun and exciting racing in the Vail Valley. New for 2010, the VRD has added a seventh race to the series, along with a women's single speed category and a Never Ever category for men and women with no previous racing experience.
- May 26: Hammer in the Hay, 4 Eagle Ranch near Wolcott
- June 9: Eagle Ranch Classic, Eagle Ranch business district in Eagle
- June 16: Berry Creek Bash, U.S. Forest Service Road in Edwards
- July 7: Davos Dash, Holiday Inn in West Vail
- July 22: Vail Grind/Mike Janelle Memorial Race, Lionshead area on Vail Mountain
- Aug. 5: New Race. Details to be announced
- Aug. 25: Beaver Creek Blast, Centennial chairlift at the base of Beaver Creek
Individual adult race costs are $25 for pre-registration or $35 on race-day. Racers also can register for the entire race series for $150 by May 24. Teams of up to 20 riders can compete for the overall series title as well. Youth series (ages 8 -14) costs are $60 for the entire series or $10 for individual races ahead of time and $15 on race-day.