Photo Credit: 303Photo
What a great day for racing cyclocross. Colorado fall weather has finally started to kick in and the 80+ degree days that we were seeing in September are gone. I think most people were looking forward to wet muddy conditions but they did not materialize.
The course was far different from any Xilinx course that I can remember. The start finish was on the north side of the building along with vendor and team tents. The course was also much shorter in length than the race held a few week ago at Xilinx - Boulder Racing #1.
In years past this has been the largest cyclocross race in Colorado and todays event will be close. Being a Colorado Cross Cup race the turn out was big with the Mens 35+/4s field filling up with 100 starters! The atmosphere was great with the Niwot High School marching band belting out Journey's Don't Stop Believin'. I felt like I was at a high school football game.
Top five for the Men's and Women's Open categories:
1) Jake Wells - Hudz-Subaru Cycling Team
2) Brandon Dwight - Boulder Cycle Sport
3) Jonathan Baker - Hudz-Subaru Cycling Team
4) Christopher Hurst
5) Tim Allen - Feedback Sports CX
1) Amanda Miller - Hudz-Subaru Cycling Team
2) Margell Abel - Tough Girl
3) Kristal Boni - Blue Sky Velo
4) Julianne Boylan - GS Boulder Trek
5) Karen Hogan - Louisville Cyclery